|SKILL LEVEL:||No Experience Necessary!|
|SKILL DESCRIPTION:||Fully customizable|
|SPOTS:||6 (Minimum guests: 1)|
Jeff specializes in Canadian Rockies Ice climbing in Alberta and BC including Banff and Lake Louise areas. We can arrange large group or private ice guide for a dream ascent .
We can accommodate 1 to 6 guests for Private ice climbing. While our Multi-Pitch ice climbs are guided with up to 2 guests.
Will confirm upon booking
- Certified Mountain Guide, use of all group technical gear.
What You'll Need
- •MOUNATINEERING BOOTS: You will need proper mountaineering boots designed specifically for this use.
- •BACKPACK: Large enough to carry spare clothing, lunch, water and climbing gear. 40-55 liters
- •2 TECHNICAL ICE CLIMBING TOOL for intermediate and advanced ascents. Modern leash less tools are preferred
- •CLIMBING HARNESS
- •12 PIONT CRAMPONS which must fit your boots.
- •CLIMBING HELMET
- •SUNGLASSES with good UV protection, ‘glacier glasses’.
- •SUN CREAM.
- •Lip Cream.
- •HEADLAMP with fresh batteries.
- •WATERBOTTLE (1L minimum), Thermos
- •POCKET KNIFE.
- •BLISTER KIT (‘moleskin’, ‘Second Skin’)
- •SKI POLE
- In the mountains it is important to layer your clothing. I suggest layers of light, easily carried clothing that allow for fast and easy adjustment to best suit fast changing temperature conditions in the mountains. Cotton clothing of any kind is not recommended as it causes rapid heat loss when wet. We will have time to go through your clothing and gear prior to the climb.
- You will need to bring:
- •LONG UNDERWEAR, top and bottom, polypro, wool, capilene or fleece.
- •WOOL/BLEND SOCKS clean socks for each day.
- •Shoeller Pant and or Gore-tex pants
- •Wool or fleece LONG SLEEVE SHIRT.
- •FLEECE SWEATER (medium weight).
- •Heavyweight fleece or insulated/down JACKET.
- ***A good down Jacket with hood is highly recommended***
- •Water proof OUTER JACKET with hood (Gore-Tex).
- •Waterproof knee-length GAITERS that will fit over large boots.
- •Waterproof mountaineering GLOVES or wool / fleece mitts /gloves plus waterproof over mitts, two pairs.
- •Light weight winter ice climbing gloves which fit tight, used for climbing with. These offer better dexterity for working with the gear
- •WARM HAT/TOUQUE.
- •NECK TUBE/BELLACLAVA